The Make My Blinds Warranty
Our Lifetime Guarantee is a promise that our blinds are built to last.
Simply put, we will never let you down.
From design to production, every Make My Blinds product is crafted to endure a lifetime of everyday use. If your product does not function due to a manufacturing defect, we will work to resolve the issue by replacing it free of charge.
Make My Blinds is so confident in the workmanship and overall quality of all of our blinds we offer an unrivaled and straightforward lifetime warranty on all purchases. It’s not just the customer service we pride ourselves on, but the choice of components and focus on quality. We like to take a common-sense approach with things, but for reasons, we need to list a few things that are not covered:
- Improper use outside of normal wear and tear
- Fabric fading over time due to direct sunlight or abrasive cleaning
- Accidents and cosmetic damage including marks, spills and scratches
- Water damage if the product is not sold as waterproof. See individual product pages for full details
- Heat warping if the product is not sold as being suitable for conservatories. See individual product pages for full details
- Any alterations made to the blinds including shortening widths or drops
- Installation issues where our How to Install guidelines have not been followed
- Non-domestic use
- Loss or theft once delivered
Further details can be found below.
- MakeMyBlinds (Henceforth referred to as MMB) offers an unrivaled lifetime warranty on all blinds sold via our website. This warranty covers the following parts and components for general wear and tear, so: brackets, roller components, top tube, bottom bar, venetian pulls and wands, slats, roller chains, chain links, bottom bars, motor, remote, cassette, internal components, strings, tapes, cords, and the fabric – except fading, cuts and any homemade alterations.
- Proof of purchase is required to progress with any claim.
- Blinds fitted in a non-domestic environment are not covered under our lifetime warranty, nor is Make My Blinds liable for any damage or injury that may arise from these blinds being installed within a non-domestic environment. We supply blinds for residential settings inside the UK, so hotels, hostels, schools, B&B’s, holiday lets, overseas locations (outside the UK and Ireland), etc. aren’t covered under this warranty.
- Damage to the blinds, for example spilling red wine on the fabric, or your dog biting the wooden slats, are not covered under our warranty. So if you see any issues around your blind when you come to install them, please make us aware as soon as possible - ideally within 7 days of delivery.
- Any homemade alterations to the blind will void our warranty. Come on guys, if you can’t cut straight we can’t be held responsible for that. Each case will be looked at on a case-by-case basis, but every blind is made to measure to your exact size requirements at the point of order, and alterations to this or your blind will void the warranty.
- Blinds may need to be returned to MMB for inspection before a replacement or repair is offered. This is undertaken at the customer’s expense. Before this stage, we will require some photos to show and assist our quality control team with their inspections.
- In the event that we no longer sell your specific blind, a like-for-like alternative will be offered. There is no cash alternative.
- In no event shall MMB be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense or fee.
- Misuse or incorrect installation in the correct environment will also void the MMB lifetime warranty. E.g. don’t install a blind in the bathroom that is not suitable for damp conditions, don’t put the roller blind fabric in the wash, don’t wipe clean the fabrics with bleach etc. Each case will be looked at on a case-by-case basis. Our customer advisors will be able to advise you on the best location to install each blind type before purchase.
- This guarantee is exclusive and in lieu of all other obligations liabilities or warranties. In no event shall Make My Blinds be liable or responsible for incidental or consequential damages or for any other direct or indirect damage, loss, cost, expense, or fee. This guarantee does not affect the consumer’s statutory rights under applicable national laws in force.
We’ve tried to keep these as simple and straightforward as possible, with common sense applied to each point. If you have any questions or concerns over any of our products please get in touch via email, in the UK on 0117 463 4411, or start a webchat with us to discuss with one of our customer advisors – they’re pretty knowledgeable on what works best where and how to look after and care for your new blinds.
Please see our Trustpilot reviews from 1000’s of unbiased customers to see what they think of Make My Blinds after purchase. These reviews are collected independently and reflect customer opinions after dealing with us. Make My Blinds will always try to do the right thing if an issue arises as long as it does not breach the points listed above.